Products I regret Buying

Products I regret Buying

We all buy products we regret right? and wish we didn’t get sucked into the hype and waste our money!

I want to talk about a few of my products I wish I passed on.

regrets 2

regrets

You will probably be surprised to see some of these products as some are popular but I will explain why they just didn’t work for me!

MAC & NARS brushes

regrets5

You will probably be shocked about these Mac brushes as Mac is so popular especially the brushes but I think they are so over priced, I’ve not even used these ones, I regret buying the top 3 as they aren’t the typical brushes I go for or use, I think I got sucked into buying them by the Mac artist at the time. Plus it was when I first properly started getting into makeup and I was convinced I needed them. I was so wrong! The duo fibre one I haven’t used because I’ve got other similar ones that are the exact same in my opinion. Mac brushes also shed like crazy which is so dissapointing for the price so I definitely think other cheaper brands are better.

The Nars ITA brush is another one I got because everyone was raving about this brush being the best for contouring. I seriously don’t understand all the fuss about this brush it’s another one that sheds so much, I can’t even use this without having hairs all over my face I’m forever picking them off, I’ve washed it a few times and it doesn’t make any difference I think the benefit brush that comes with the hoola is better than this so save yourself some money!

regrets6

ABH cream contour palette in fair

I wanted This palette for so long I got this while I was in America the week it came out and I was so excited, as I love ABH as a brand and love the powder contour palette so thought I would love this but it just doesn’t work for me, it’s not creamy enough or blends well. A lot of people add oil to help blend these but I think that’s bad as you shouldn’t have to be adding oil to make it more creamy. The shades  are really nice and perfect for fair skinned girls though. I think because I have dry skin I need a really creamy or liquid contour product and the fact these are already a little dry it just doesn’t work for my skin.

regrets3

NARS soulshine blush

This is an old limited edition blush I can’t remember what collection it was from. But I haven’t really used this as I don’t normally Wear pink blushes I do prefer more peachy blushes. This is a stunning blush don’t get me wrong but It’s just not one I reach for. This is a product I definitely wish I didn’t buy at the time and saved my money.

regrets8

Gerard cosmetics illuminating powders

I love Gerard cosmetics but these powders just don’t work for me, they aren’t very pigmented and don’t show much glow on the skin, they come across a little chalky which is a real shame as I absolutely love the packaging on these.

regrets7

MAC studio water weight foundation

This was one of the foundations I was really excited to try, I had heard it was similar to Mac face and body which is my all time favourite from Mac but this one apparently had more coverage so straight away I purchased this, but I was disappointed, it’s very runny and the coverage isn’t great I would say it’s the same as face and body but This isn’t as build able. I also set this but it transfers so bad if I touch my face and that’s the one thing I really hate about this foundation.

Too faced hangover primer

Another product I got because everyone raved about it, saying it was a holy grail product for dry skin. But this didn’t work for me I think my skin had a reaction to this as it felt all tingly and itchy after I used it, and it also wasn’t that moisturising either. Too faced is expensive so again a product I could have passed on and saved some money.

regrets4

NYX lingerie lipsticks

I’m a big fan of NYX especially the suede and soft matte lip creams and I did a first impression on these and at the time I liked them but after using them some more these just didn’t work for me, they’re very drying and patchy. I just don’t think they’re very comfortable to wear on the lip either which is such a shame as I think they could have had something amazing with these, they look exactly like the Kylie liquid lipsticks.

I will very rarely regret buying makeup, as I love buying and collecting limited edition items. But sometimes products just don’t live up to the hype and expectation.

What products do you regret buying?

Thanks for reading loves

xo

Share:

18 Comments

1. 10th August 2016 / 11:29 am

OMG! Funny you mentioned some of these products because I stopped buying the big MAC face brushes a long time ago! Mine shed like crazy! I also was so disappointed with the MAC Waterweight foundation that everyone raved about – it oxidises on me so badly! 🙁

• xkassx
      10th August 2016 / 11:34 am

I literally brought so many Mac brushes when I went to America the first time and don’t even use half of them they are shocking quality so many better ones. I thought I loved that foundation at first but it just sits on the skin and transfers like crazy 🙁 I want a foundation like Mac face & body but with more coverage! Xo

2. 10th August 2016 / 1:58 pm

i agree with a lot of what you said especially the expensive brushes. I don’t ever feel the need to get very high end brushes

• xkassx
      10th August 2016 / 4:15 pm

Same I don’t any more. Very rarely I will splash out on an expensive brush I have to really want it and read reviews first 🙂

3. 10th August 2016 / 5:50 pm

I spray some of my setting spray on my contour kit before using it and it makes the world of difference! I agree with the Mac brushes, they shouldn’t be that expensive when you can get great quality from cheaper brands.
    Jen / Velvet Spring x

• xkassx
      10th August 2016 / 6:00 pm

Oh great thank you for that tip I’m going to try it! Didn’t even think to use that ha ha. Yea I agree they’re so overpriced I think a lot of people know that now with Mac! Xo

4. 10th August 2016 / 6:13 pm

Agree with you on the nyx lip lingerie! Lovely colours but just aren’t comfortable! And I have the MAC waterweight and I did really like it at first but I agree with you that is transfers, and just doesn’t seem to set down!

• xkassx
      10th August 2016 / 6:35 pm

I no such a shame as the shade range is really good 🙁 I thought I loved the Mac foundation but the more I wore it it just looked horrible ha ha xo

5. 10th August 2016 / 6:22 pm

Im so glad you’ve posted this because I was about to buy the Too Faced primer! Maybe I will give it a miss!

Shan xx

missshanlouise.com

• xkassx
      10th August 2016 / 6:35 pm

It definitely didn’t agree with me I haven such sensitive skin but I didn’t see the hype. Save your money and get something else ha ha xo

6. 10th August 2016 / 9:04 pm

I’ve been wanting the Anastasia Contour Kit and since I have drier skin as well, I think I’ll stick to the powder one. Thanks for steering me in the right direction! 🙂

• xkassx
      10th August 2016 / 10:09 pm

Yeah a lot of people say how dry it is, maybe it’s ok if your oily but it doesn’t work for me, someone just told me to try it with fix plus so I’m going to give that a go 🙂

7. 10th August 2016 / 9:11 pm

Wow, I’ve never tried MAC brushes and I’m glad I held out on them. With the price you pay for them, it should be a crime that they shed so much. That goes for the Nars brush as well. Great post! I love reading these type of posts.

Nicole | http://www.inthelifeofnm.blogspot.ca

• xkassx
      10th August 2016 / 10:12 pm

Yea they’re so expensive, so many more affordable brands, everyone loves morphe brushes but I’m yet to try them. And thank you I might have to do more posts like these they seem popular 🙂

8. 11th August 2016 / 7:39 am

I’ve had a few beauty regrets lately – my biggest one was NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation. I tried a sample and loved it, bought the full sized bottle (for $72 no less) and it just did NOT work. At all. I could go on for hours about how much it did not work.. I’m pretty devastated.
    I’ve also been on the fence about Too Faced’s Hangover primer because I’ve heard mixed reviews, but I think I may steer clear of it – it seems like it’s either a hit or miss product, and it’s just too damn expensive here in Australia to justify that risk. Shame. 🙁

Christie’s Take on Life. xx

• xkassx
      11th August 2016 / 2:42 pm

Omg yes I agree I hated that Nars foundation I only tried a sample, it made me look oily and dry at the same time and just didn’t look nice on the skin 🙁 I can imagine you have to pay crazy prices in Australia, I just hate the custom fees we get on top in the uk it puts me off ordering. I’m just glad more brands are stocking through up stocklists now lol

9. 19th September 2016 / 5:41 pm

I have tons of regrets but I try to find ways to make them work. Now, I do tons of research before I buy something so I rarely have regrets but in those early days…Glad I held off on buying those NYX Lingerie lipsticks because I’m starting to realize I don’t like liquid lipsticks very much.

• xkassx
      19th September 2016 / 8:38 pm

I do as well now, I am always googling and watching YouTube before I buy anything but sometimes I do buy stuff that’s hyped up and regret it lol