When the sun decides to make an appearance I dont know about anyone else but I always reach for the bottle of fake tan, I just love being tanned and bronzed when the weather is nice, I always feel better and more confident with some colour to my skin as I’m naturally so pale.
I was recently sent a package from Skinny Tan which I’ve been dying to try now for some time, I feel like I have tried a lot of fake tan to know what I like and personally look for in a tan.
Skinny Tan have a big selection of products, but I was most excited to try out the new 1 Hour express tanning mousse, I dont have any that claim to be an express tan so I was looking forward to testing it out, I think express tan is perfect for nights out, or a last minute quick fix tan as most of the time you have to leave them on for 8 hours+ to get the desired colour and tan you want and let’s be honest sometimes us girls just dont have the time right?!
When I know I’m fake tanning I also make sure to prep my skin because doing this is essential for a good tan application, I exfoliate and moisturise days before to make sure my skin is prepped and not dry or has any old patchy tan remaining.
Application and my first impressions
- The tan smells gorgeous Its a tropical coconut scent, it doesn’t have that normal horrible fake tan smell.
- when first applied it has a typical guide colour , o you can see exactly where you’re applying it, which I love as it makes it so much easier to see what you’re doing.
- I feel like it really soaks into the skin and doesn’t just lay on top
- If you want a light to medium tan you can leave it on for 1-3 hours, I personally love a darker tan because I’m so pale so I left mine on over night.
- It didn’t feel sticky or transfer which was good and I put my clothes on about 10/15 mins after applying.
- I woke up to a lovely deep golden tan, once showered It looked really natural.
- Tan lasted about 5 days before it started going a little patchy.
I also got sent the Dual Tanning mitt which is amazing by the way, and isn’t your standard fake tanning mit, it’s so soft and feels like a microfiber cloth it’s that soft, I love the fact the mitt didn’t soak up all the product like a regular mitt does. It applied the tan perfectly and gave such a smooth finish it looked really airbrushed, I’m definitely a big fan of this, and also whats even better is this is washable so you can use it over and over again which makes it more hygienic and cost effective.
My final thoughts, I definitely like this tan, Its perfect for quick application and when your after a last minute tan! The colour is really natural and makes you look like you have a nice bronzed glow, not at all orange looking! yay for not looking tangoed!! And it lasted a good 5 days before I felt like I had to exfoliate and re apply, the only thing I will say is I didn’t feel like it was as dark as I was used to with other tan I’ve tried, and what my fellow blogger friends had told me about this particlar tan, considering I left it on overnight I was expecting it to be really dark the next day but I noticed a lot of it did wash off, but I will add I do have this problem a lot, I personally think its my skin, as I really struggle with keeping the colour. I feel like it doesn’t soak in properly or something, That is why I like buying extra dark tan so I stand a chance of actually being dark, But dont get me wrong although it wasnt as dark as I was expecting it was sill really nice and looked very natural.
I will definitely be picking up a few more bits from skinny tan to try.
Skinny tan is available from lots of online retailers including feel unique, look fantastic, skinnytanhg and also superdrug
You can Shop the products mentioned in this post here
Have you tried the 1 hour express mousse or anything else from Skinny tan? whats your thoughts? let me know.
Thanks for reading xo
* Post contains PR gifted items, see disclaimer for more details/ all reviews are my own*